Annual Review: Noncompete and Trade Secret Protection for Employers
12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m. (Eastern)
Make sure you are keeping up with unprecedented developments across the United States.
Experienced Barnes & Thornburg litigators will review what employers need to know about noncompetes and trade secret protection, and how different states approach the issues.
How State Laws Drive Noncompete Strategy
- Why other states' laws are more important than you think
- Is continuing employment sufficient consideration?
- Will the court modify the agreement to make it enforceable?
- State law developments in the last year
Drafting and Administration
- How aggressive should you be in setting restrictions?
- How do you handle the differences between states?
- How do you phase in noncompetes with current employees?
- Do you have to go after every violation?
- Should you send a cease-and-desist letter first?
- How quickly should you act
- Everybody wants a TRO: Reasons to win the war at a preliminary injunction hearing instead
Trade Secrets Developments
- The Uniform Trade Secrets Act and differences among states
- Federal Defend Trade Secrets Act after five years
1.0 hour CLE credit pending and 1.0 hour of HRCI credit approved. This program is valid for 1.0 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Questions? Email Lindsay Bostic or call 317-231-7382.