COVID-19 Town Hall: The Pandemic's Impact on Michigan Tribes and Economic Development Companies
3:30 - 4:30 p.m. (Eastern)
Join us for a town hall discussion featuring leaders from Barnes & Thornburg’s Native American Law and Policy Practice Group, who will discuss COVID-19’s impact on Indian Country. Our program will provide a discussion of the major issues of concern, including:
- Passing of the federal stimulus bill and its application to tribes, as well as their economic development companies (EDCs)
- Closures of casinos and tribal businesses
- Employer and employee responsibilities at the state and federal level
- Insurance coverage under business interruption or other policies
- The session will feature an extended Q&A; questions will be taken at that time. In addition, when registering, you will have the opportunity to submit questions that could be addressed during the discussion.
Questions? Contact Courtney Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-231-7312.